We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with current data protection legislation.
These are the main reasons why we collect and use data about our users:
- We collect personal data primarily to administer training courses
- We collect personal data for selection and assessment purposes.
- To provide the services you sign up for, such as newsletters
- To carry out marketing analysis and send you communications when we have your permission, or when permitted by law
We think carefully about our use of personal data, and below you can find the details of what we do to protect your privacy. This policy covers, among other topics:
- Information about your rights and our obligations
- Clarity about our dealings with you and transparency about how we collect and use your personal data
- Commitments on how we protect your personal data
- Commitments on how we will facilitate your rights and respond to your questions.
We will continue to examine how we can provide more clarity to our users about our use of data.
Personal data is any information about you by which you can be identified. This can include information such as:
- your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number;
- debit card details;
- information about your device (such as the IP address, which is a numerical code to identify your device that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based); and
- information relating to your personal circumstances and how you use our site and services.
Who we are and how to contact us
The data controller for our site is TurnPoint Ltd, 29-31 Castle Street, High Wycombe HP13 6RU. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data. If you want to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data we collect and how we use it
We collect personal data when you sign up for our services and when you browse our site. This information may be used to for the provision of services or for information about how you use our site.
When you contact us and/or sign up for a course we collect the following information from you:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Mobile, and/or landline numbers
- Financial details in order to process payments where applicable, and all data held is compliant with English Law, PCI-DSS regulations (this is the framework which card processing companies monitor and uphold strict standards to be adhered to for us, the Company, to be allowed to use those services). We also retain, for the purposes of processing direct debits, (or refunds), sort codes, bank account numbers if supplied and authority given.
- Other personal details supplied by you to the Company for the purposes of you being a candidate in a selection / assessment process or being an end user of our services.
- your IP address – a numerical code to identify your device and which can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based;
- your browsing history of the content you have visited on our sites, including information on how you were referred to our sites via another website; and
- details of your devices, for example, the unique device ID, unique advertising ID and browsers used to access our content.
We will not collect special categories of data – such as information about your race, political opinions, religion, health or sexual orientation – unless you have chosen to provide that information to us.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data when you:
- Sign up to one of our courses online
- Are a candidate in one of our selection/ assessment processes
- When you contact us to express an interest in our services
- When you contact us via email, social media, our apps or similar technologies or when you mention us on social media.
Why we use your personal data
We use personal data collected through our sites and apps for a number of purposes, including the following:
- To provide the services you sign up for such as training courses. We also use the personal data for related internal administrative purposes – such as our accounting and records – and to make you aware of any changes to our services.
- To send marketing communications when we have your permission, or when permitted by law.
- For statistical purposes such as analysing psychometric test results.
- To respond to your queries and to resolve complaints.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Legal grounds for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive emails from us regarding your training course or service you have signed up. We may ask for additional consent to contact you about additional services. You have the legal right to unsubscribe at any point.
- Our legitimate interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our clients in order to promote our services. For example, we will rely on our legitimate interest when we analyse what content has been viewed on our site so that we can understand how they are used. It is also in our legitimate interest to carry out marketing analysis to determine what products and services may be relevant to the interests of clients..
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased a training course from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order.
- Compliance with law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
Updating your personal data with us
Please get in touch with us on email@example.com to update any of your personal data.
Your personal data and other organisations
Your name and contact details will primarily only be used internally within the Company. However, for example, if as part of you undertake attendance at one of our training courses, we are obliged, for security purposes, to pass some of this information onto the security personnel if our training course is held in a restricted location. We may also pass on your information when carrying out selection and assessment services on behalf of another organisation that you have applied to. Additionally, if you purchased goods from us, your data would be shared with other of our stakeholders, eg. courier service providers.
When viewing our material through social media platforms, they may collect information about you on their site. For more information on how these organisations use personal data, please read their privacy policies.
Sale or Passing of Personal Data to Third Parties
Other than for specific purposes as required by suppliers/stakeholders (as outlined above), we will not sell or pass your personal data to any commercial or regulatory organisation without your explicit consent.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside the EEA (European Economic Area)
Personal data will only be transferred outside the EEA or other areas of adequacy determined by the EU, for specific events. If this is required, consent will be explicitly requested from you. Once the United Kingdom has exited the EU and/or EEA, English Law will take precedence.
Sensitive Personal Data. We will never collect sensitive personal data about you without your explicit consent and a clear explanation why it is required.
Retention of Personal Data
We will continue to retain your name and other relevant details required to support our historical records.
How long we keep your personal data
How we may contact you
From time to time we may send you service emails, for example, telling you further information about your training course.
Marketing communications and editorial newsletters
If we have your permission, we may send you materials we think may interest you, such as new training courses or products.
You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and informing us of your intent.
Sometimes we may contact you for market research purposes, for example about a satisfaction survey. You can opt out from being contacted in this way by emailing us on email@example.com and asking to be removed from future market research.
Responding to your queries or complaints
If you have raised a query or a complaint with us, we may contact you to answer your query or to resolve your complaint.
Cookies and similar technology
When you visit our sites or when you use our apps, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technology. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you.
Your rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you
You can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- If you would like to have a copy of the personal data we hold on you or if you think that we hold incorrect personal data about you, please write to the Data Protection Officer at TurnPoint Ltd. 29-31 Castle Street, High Wycombe HP13 6RU or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will deal with requests for copies of your personal data or for correction of your personal data within one month. If your request is complicated or if you have made a large number of requests, it may take us longer. We will let you know if we need longer than one month to respond. You will not have to pay a fee to obtain a copy of your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
If making any of these requests, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
Contact us for information about how we use your personal data
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you have a concern about how your personal data is used, please contact the Data Protection Officer at Data Protection Officer at TurnPoint Ltd. 29-31 Castle Street, High Wycombe HP13 6RU or email email@example.com.
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Officer and responded to within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the way your concern has been handled, you can refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have a question about anything else, please see our Contact us page here.
May 2018: updated to reflect changes resulting from the General Data Protection Regulation.
TurnPoint Ltd Training Courses – Terms and Conditions
If an online payment has not been made an invoice has been issued, TurnPoint Ltd requests this to be paid within 28 days of the date of the invoice for training courses which are at least one month away. For courses happening within a month, the invoice must be settled no later than one week before the training course is due to take place.
Cancellations of training courses is subject to a 25% administration fee where the cancellation is made more than one calendar month before the date of the training course. For further information, refer to the table below.
Cancellations by the Delegate / Refunds
|Notice given by delegate (prior to course date)||Applicable fee / procedure|
|More than one calendar month||Delegates may transfer free of charge to any other equivalent price or cheaper course (balance to pay for more expensive course). For cancellations, an administration fee of 25% of the course fee per delegate will be charged.|
|Between one calendar month and two weeks||Delegates may transfer free of charge to any other equivalent price or cheaper course (balance to pay for more expensive course). For cancellations, an administration fee of 50% of the course fee per delegate will be charged.|
|Between one week and two weeks||Delegates can transfer to any another course for £100 (plus VAT) per delegate, plus any difference in course fees where the new course is more expensive. No refund is payable for cancellation.|
|Between one week and 24 hours||Delegates are entitled to receive a 50% discount on any other training course held within one year from the date of the cancelled course. The new course must be booked within one calendar month of cancellation. No refund is payable.|
|Between 24 hours and start time of course||No refund. No discounts. No transfers permitted.|
Multiple delegate booking discounts apply to delegates booked at the same time, on the same course or same combination of courses, and from the same organisation, and may not be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer.
Discount given on Multiple delegate booking rates needs to be pre-agreed with TurnPoint Ltd. Please contact us on hello@turnpoint to discuss discount options.
Where a delegate transfers his/her booking to another course, the delegate will not be entitled to any refund where he/she cancels attendance at that other course. Only one transfer is permitted per course per delegate – the fee will be charged as above.
TurnPoint Ltd reserves the right to charge late payment interest on any outstanding invoice at the rate of 5% above the base rate of Santander UK.
Alterations / Cancellations of Courses by TurnPoint Ltd
It may be necessary for TurnPoint to change the content and timing of a course, the trainer, the date or the venue. In the unlikely event of the course being cancelled by TurnPoint, a full refund will be made unless the delegate transfers his or her booking to an alternative date for the course. For all bookings, the liability of TurnPoint Ltd shall be limited to the amount of the fee actually paid to TurnPoint Ltd by the delegate. For this reason delegates are encouraged to not to book travel or accommodation more than two weeks prior to any course date.
Registration information, including directions to the venue and timings, will be sent to the delegate by email at least 7 days prior to the event. TurnPoint will not be responsible for the non arrival of registration information. Any delegate not receiving the registration information by 7 days prior to the event should contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and Safety
Delegate Health and Safety is our number one priority. Some of the courses run by Turnpoint Ltd involve the use of flight training simulators. Whilst modern flight simulators are extremely safe, a degree of physical mobility is required, and delegates should be in good health. The delegates take part in the course at their own risk.
Please check with us at the time of booking if you have any concerns. All participants must:
- Be in good health and free from any conditions that could be aggravated by the simulator
- Be dressed appropriately
- Not be under the influence of drugs and alcohol
You must declare any health condition which may affect your ability to participate in any simulator session. Conditions include (but are not limited to): Heart and lung conditions including recent heart attack, surgery and high blood pressure, neurological conditions including epilepsy, seizures or fits, fainting or dizziness, inner ear conditions, motion sickness, recent surgery, spine and neck conditions, reduced mobility, anxiety or panic attacks. Expectant mothers should not participate in full motion simulator details. If you have any questions or are unsure about a condition you may have please contact us at email@example.com for advice. Written medical clearance from your doctor may be required.
If you have any health or accessibility requirements you must discuss and agree these with us at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Turnpoint Ltd reserves the right to refuse delegate access to a flight simulator session.
Food and drink
For catered events please advise Turnpoint Ltd of any food allergies.
Turnpoint Ltd will take every precaution to ensure your time with us is as safe and secure as possible, however Turnpoint Ltd assumes no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits) suffered by any person as a result of the use, misuse or reliance on the information and content provided on Turnpoint Ltd courses. Turnpoint Limited operates highly sophisticated flight simulators. You may be held responsible for any damage caused by the use of excessive or inappropriate force or disobeying instructions or guidelines when operating the equipment.
The delegate acknowledges that the simulation activities carry an inherent risk and hazards and as a consequence personal injury and sometimes death can occur and the delegate assumes and accepts all such risks and hereby waives the right to sue TurnPoint Ltd, it’s Directors and Employees for any personal injury or death in any way whatsoever caused by or relating to the delegate’s participation in such activities.
NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier’s part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission
The delegate agrees to pay the cost of and authorises TurnPoint Ltd to take all steps it considers reasonably necessary to protect his/her welfare in the event of personal injury.
Delegates agree they are in good health and free from any adverse medical conditions. For safety reasons, pregnant women, delegates with pre-existing health issues or wearing casts are not permitted to use the simulator. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
The Delegate must comply with all signs or other directions of the Training Facility used or its staff. TurnPoint may suspend or cancel the delegate’s access to simulation activities at the venue in its absolute discretion for non-compliance with these conditions, or for reckless or careless conduct.
Turnpoint Ltd reserves the right to change the terms and conditions without notice and changes are effective immediately.
Jan 2020 Updated contact details. Minor editorial changes.